Thursday, December 18, 2008

I have started a new post like, a million times this last week, but never get the chance to finish and actually post it. So, it is almost midnight, the kids are in bed and Dustin is watching Iron Man, this might be my only chance!!! It has been a crazy month for us. There has been a lot of sickness, and many, many sleepless nights. Makenna has not slept through the night for at least 4 months now. i blame a lot of that on teething. I used to be a fan of the "cry-it-out" method, until it started waking up Gavin, creating another hour of sleeplessness. Sooooo... I get up and cuddle Makenna, sometimes I cheat and feed her, then put her back down. The lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me. I have has absolutely every illness that has been brought to work or to nursery and I am not usually one to get sick that often. Dustin is going to be pursuing his concealed carry classes more aggressively instead of painting this next year. Which means that I get to move my shift at work to the afternoon and be home with the kids at night!! HOORAY!!! I know this is going to be so good for us. We will actually be able to have a life outside of work and be able to be home together more often. I am so excited. Of course, the down side is that we will never know from month to month if he will have a steady stream of classes coming in. SO, please refer any interested friends, family, acquaintances, etc to Dustin! Gavin is saying new words everyday and is starting to use 2 and 3 words together so they make sense YAY! It is so much fun to watch him learn and to talk. However, we are finding that we have to be VERY careful with what we say because he is always listening and repeating... Makenna received a mouthful of teeth, it seems, overnight. She has 2 on top with another coming in and 2 on bottom, again with more on the way. She is so cute! She waves and says bye bye. She gives high fives. Blows kisses, says uh, oh and Mama and Ho, Ho, Ho!! She isn't walking yet, but is getting braver and better with standing on her own. I can't beleive she will be one in a couple of weeks. Well, I can hear Dustin snoring downstairs, so I had better wrap this up and get us to bed. I will have pictures next time. We love and miss you and hope that everyone has a wonderfull Christmas and that 2009 brings good things to everybody!

1 comment:

Annie said...

LOVE the new post!! That's exciting you get to change your shift. I bet you'll love it. I want to hear Gavin chat! See you on Christmas Eve!